The changing face of the Old House at Coate

 A new illustrated guide, that looks at the changes to the front of the Jefferies' family dwelling house can be accessed here. The images are collected from original drawings/paintings, newspaper articles, and postcards and include the following -- the first dating from around 1845.

Pencil drawing by John Luckett Jefferies, circa 1853

Reuben George in foreground, circa 1903


Oil painting by Kate Tryon, 1911

Museum opened in 1960. Photo circa 1968